Attempted murder charges after shooting rampage
Published Sunday, February 28, 2016 2:28PM CST
Last Updated Monday, February 29, 2016 6:48PM CST
Police charged a man with attempted murder and multiple firearms charges after a shooting rampage on Saturday.
The shooting started around noon after the 19-year-old suspect met up with another 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl near the St. Vital Bridge on Osborne Street, said police.
The suspect pulled out a gun and fired at the other man, but missed, said police in a news release.
The two victims ran away and made it to the girl’s house. Shortly after, the suspect saw the other man with two members of the girl’s family near Walker Avenue and Daly Street South and immediately started firing again, said police.
No one was hurt this time, either.
Officers who had already responded to the initial call about shots fired heard these gun shots and quickly found and arrested the suspect near Nassau Street South and Walker Avenue.
The suspect fought with the officers, forcing them to use a Taser to subdue him, said police. The officers suffered minor injuries.
Bradley Lewis Hale has been charged with four counts of attempted murder with a firearm, assault with a weapon, two counts of assaulting a police officer and multiple other firearms-related charges.
He remains in custody.