Attic fire causes $120,000 damage to Minto area home
Fire crews work to extinguish a blaze in a home on Ashburn Street Saturday night.
Published Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:17AM CST
Last Updated Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:28AM CST
An attic fire caused $120,000 damage to a Minto area home Saturday night.
Fire trucks and emergency crews rushed to a house on Ashburn Street just after 9 p.m. to find smoke pouring out of the home’s upper floor.
Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, and no one was injured.
Fire officials believe it began in the attic, before spreading to the second floor of the home and burning the ceilings and walls.
Officials estimated the total damage to the home from smoke and water at $120,000.