Charges laid in shooting of 15-year-old boy
Winnipeg police have laid charges in connection with the shooting of a 15-year-old boy in July. (file image)
Published Friday, August 10, 2012 11:22AM CST
Last Updated Friday, August 10, 2012 2:15PM CST
Winnipeg police have arrested a 23-year-old man in connection with a shooting that happened almost a month ago.
On July 17, police rushed to the 400 block of Burrows Avenue in the William Whyte neighbourhood and found a 15-year-old boy had been shot in the lower body.
Police said the boy was confronted by a man and when he tried to run away, he was shot.
The boy was taken to hospital in stable condition, police said.
After an investigation by the major crimes unit, officers arrested 23-year-old Jonathan Eric Catcheway.
Catcheway was arrested Thursday around 1 p.m. in the 1400 block of Notre Dame Avenue.
Police said Catcheway had a large amount of cash on him when he was arrested.
Catcheway is now facing multiple charges including aggravated assault, possessing the proceeds of crime and breach of probation.
He remains in police custody.