Christmas Day fire causes $400,000 damage
The basement fire on Mapleridge Avenue caused an estimated $400,000 in damage.
Published Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:18PM CST
Last Updated Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:04PM CST
One family's Christmas wasn't a merry one due to a fire Christmas Day.
The fire started in the basement of a home in the 100 block of Mapleridge Ave. at about 3 in the afternoon. No one was injured in the blaze, but it caused $400,000 in damages.
Officials said the fire appears to have been accidental.