Declared snow route parking ban lifted, residential ban continues
The city’s declared snow route parking ban has been lifted. (File image)
Published Monday, February 8, 2016 4:12PM CST
Last Updated Thursday, February 11, 2016 9:48AM CST
You may have to move your car this week, as city crews are out clearing the streets after the weekend snow storm.
The city's residential parking ban will come into effect Wednesday, February 10 at 7 a.m. to Friday, February 12 at 7 p.m.
Here's when crews will be clearing residential streets:
- Zones E, I, M, O, S and U from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Zones D, G, J, L, N, R and V from 7 p.m. Wednesday to 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Zones C, F, H, K, P, Q and T will be cleared from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Zone B will be cleared from 7 p.m. Thursday to 7 a.m. Friday.
- Zone A will be cleared from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday.
The city’s declared snow route parking ban was lifted Wednesday. It came into effect at midnight Monday.
After this weekend’s snowfall and blowing snow, the city had decided to extend its annual snow route parking ban by two hours, meaning drivers will not be able to park on designated routes between midnight and 7 a.m.
Snow clearing operations are already underway in areas prone to drifting snow.
For more information, visit knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca.