Fire breaks out at Stradbrook Avenue business, causes $600,000 damage
Crews work to extinguish a blaze at Symmetry Massage in the 200 block of Stradbrook Saturday evening.
Published Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:31AM CST
Electrical problems are being blamed for a fire that caused $600,000 damage and injured a firefighter Saturday night.
The blaze broke out just before 9:30 p.m. at Symmetry Massage in the 200 block of Stradbrook Avenue. Fire officials said it started in the basement in the building’s electrical room and spread to the main floor of the business.
Crews were able to extinguish the blaze, but one firefighter suffered minor injuries.
Officials estimated the damage to the business at about $600,000 and said the cause of the fire was electrical.