Fireworks display gets out of control, burns River Heights home
Damage can be seen on the exterior of a Carpathia Road home following a fireworks display that burned out of control.
Published Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:50AM CST
A fireworks display burned out of control Tuesday morning, damaging a River Heights area home.
Fire crews were called to the 400 block of Carpathia Road early New Year’s Day to find a blaze had broken out on the outside of the home.
The fireworks display got out of control, burning the side of the home.
No one was hurt in the fire, and damage was estimated at $3,000.
Fire works are legal in Winnipeg, but homeowners must obtain a permit before lighting them.