Police identify victims in Charleswood double homicide
Published Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:30AM CST
Last Updated Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:21PM CST
Police have released the names of the two people found dead in a Charleswood home on Friday.
The deceased have been identified as Natasha Jeffrey, 37, and Ronald Dabreo, 39.
Earlier on Saturday, police announced they have charged a 44-year-old man with second-degree murder in their deaths.
Police were sent to the house in the 4300 block of Roblin Boulevard around 8:00 a.m. on Friday by a tip from the accused.
“The accused in this matter did attend to a police station and provided officers with initial information that an incident or serious incident did occur,” said Const. Jason Michalyshen.
An extended family member told CTV News Jeffrey lived alone in the home. Dabreo, a longtime family friend, hit hard times and came to visit Jeffrey from the US.
CTV News was told the two weren't linked romantically but the accused was Jeffrey's ex-boyfriend.
Reaction to the news on Jeffrey’s Facebook page was emotional, with messages like “RIP my blood” and “God have her” posted on her wall.
Seymour Lloyd Sharpe, 44, is charged with two counts of second degree murder and remains in custody.
The causes of death are still undetermined while police await the results of an autopsy.
The Homicide Unit and the Forensic Identification Unit continue to investigate. Jeffrey and Dabreo’s deaths are Winnipeg’s 7th and 8th homicides of the year.
Natasha Jeffrey, 37, is one of two people who were found dead in a house on Roblin Boulevard on Friday. (Photo courtesy Facebook)
Police are not yet releasing the identity of the two victims or the cause of death until an autopsy is complete and notifications are made.