Shoppers making the best of the last-minute Christmas rush
Published Friday, December 21, 2012 5:41PM CST
Last Updated Friday, December 21, 2012 7:16PM CST
Last-minute Christmas shoppers are filling the stores and shopping centres. Getting caught up in the holiday rush is a fun tradition for some, but an inconvenient necessity for others.
London Drugs officials and shoppers in Brandon, Man. who spoke to CTV News on Dec. 21 offered up a few tips to help shoppers navigate the annual holiday hassle:
• Prepare - find out early what gifts your friends and family want, and plan what you’re going to buy before you hit the mall.
• Price match - there may not be much time for bargain hunting now, but take flyers with you to see if stores will drop prices to match other retailers’ advertised deals.
• Shop online - while it may be too late for delivery now, some stores offer the option to order online and pick up in-store.
• Be efficient - if you have a variety of people to buy for, pick a store that sells a variety of items and buy them all in one place.
• Don’t second-guess - if you see something you like, chances are the person you’re buying it for will like it too.
• Plan ahead - get your shopping done early.
With the last few days before Christmas falling on a weekend, many stores are likely to be packed.