Recent articles by Jon Hendricks
- Province puts $450K into Manitoba's Indigenous tourism industry
- Trial of retired Winnipeg priest charged with indecent assault wraps up
- 'I'm running on fumes': Staff shortages leave stage 4 cancer patient struggling for home care
- Winnipeg high school basketball coach steps away after confrontation with referee during game
- Man sentenced following 'savage' attack on Winnipeg bus
- 'It just keeps going up': How rising milk prices are affecting the cost of dairy
- 'Almost impossible to use': city councillor calls for better sidewalk snow clearing
- Printer issue causes Winnipeg couple to miss flight, vacation rebooked
- Stone quarried only in Manitoba receives international heritage recognition
- 'I don't feel comfortable': Girl viciously attacked in latest incident affecting Winnipeg Transit users
Jon loves reporting on the unique life experiences that Manitobans have to offer. He is also passionate about reporting entertainment news, interviewing celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Nickelback and William Shatner, and covering the 2004 Grammys in Los Angeles and the 2005 Junos in Winnipeg.
Jon began his career in broadcasting as a DJ at CSCR Radio in Toronto. In 2000, he joined CHEX-TV in Peterborough, Ont. as a general assignment reporter, which soon led him to the role of weekend anchor and film critic.
Jon holds a political science degree from the University of Toronto and graduated from the Radio and Television Broadcasting program at Centennial College in Toronto, Ont. He speaks English.
Jon's enthusiasm for finding Manitoba's most interesting stories is what keeps him ticking.