Firefighters rescued a dog that was found in a dryer in the basement of a burning house on Saturday morning.

No one was hurt in a blaze that engulfed a two-storey house in the 700 block of Flora Avenue at around 8:30 a.m.

The fire spread throughout the main and second floors of the house damage is estimated at $200,000.

The dog that was rescued is now in the care of animal services. Fire crews said they don't know if the dog crawled into the dryer during the fire or was put there by a person.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation