· 1 ltr chicken stock
· 1 pkg Arborio Risotto Rice
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 yellow onion, finely chopped and lightly sauted
· 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
· 125g mozzarella cheese, grated
· 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
· 4 to 6 eggs, aggressively whisked
· 3 cups dried breadcrumbs
· veg oil, for deep-frying
Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
Stir in Parmesan and Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool.
In a separate pan, scramble the eggs with the bacon, mozzarella and onions.
Form the risotto with your hand into a ball about the size of a large crab apple. Press a teaspoon of the scrambled egg mixture into the center. Roll in breadcrumbs.
Heat the vegetable oil to around 350 degrees.
Fry the rice balls until golden.