One person taken to hospital following accidental fire in West Kildonan
WINNIPEG -- One person was taken to hospital after a fire in West Kildonan Monday evening.
The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to the fire shortly after 6 p.m. in the first block of William Whiteway Bay. The city said when crews arrived, they encountered heavy smoke coming from the house.
The fire was declared under control shortly before 7 p.m.
The city said the sole occupant of the home self-evacuated prior to the arrival of crews. They were assessed on scene by paramedics, and transported to hospital in stable condition.
When crews were searching the home, they found a dog and brought it to safety.
The cause of the fire was accidental due to a flammable liquid coming into contact with a heat source, said the city.
No damage estimates are available at this time.