Portage hotel evacuated due to early-morning fire
ctvwinnipeg.ca Published Friday, March 23, 2012 8:14AM CST
Dozens of people staying at a hotel in west Winnipeg were forced out of their rooms early Friday morning due to a fire.
It happened at the Howard Johnson Express Inn on Portage Avenue around 4:30 a.m.
Police said the fire originated in the kitchen, and was under control by around 5:30 a.m.
There are no reports of any injuries.
Officials are not yet releasing details on how much damage the blaze caused.