Skip to main content

Winnipeg police issue warning about unknown man in high school girls' washroom

File image File image

Police are on the lookout for an unknown man who entered a girls' washroom at a Winnipeg high school and confronted students earlier this week.

The Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) said they got a call on Monday, May 29, reporting a suspicious man who entered Maples Collegiate during the school day.

Investigators determined that the man - in his late teens/early 20s - went into a female washroom at the school and confronted some students when they entered. The students quickly left the washroom and reported the man. Police say no one was hurt in the incident.

The suspect fled before police arrived. Maples Collegiate families and the surrounding schools were notified about the incident by school officials.

Due to the nature of the incident, the WPS Sex Crimes Unit has been brought in to investigate. Anyone with information regarding the suspect is asked to call investigators at 204-986-6245 or Crime Stoppers at 204-986-TIPS (8477).

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

LIVE UPDATES

LIVE UPDATES War in Ukraine 'must end with our victory,' Zelenskyy tells Parliament as PM pledges $650M in aid

Addressing a joint session of Parliament, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy offered repeated thanks to Canada for its continued support for his country as it continues to defend itself from Russia's invasion. In his introductory remarks, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Canada will be making a $650 million "multi-year commitment" for further Ukraine aid.

U.S. senator, wife indicted on bribe charges: prosecutors

Sen. Bob Menendez was charged Friday with secretly aiding the authoritarian regime of Egypt in exchange for gold bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash as prosecutors unsealed a corruption indictment that accuses him of using his foreign affairs influence for personal gain.

McNaughton is third Ford cabinet minister to resign in past 3 weeks

Ontario Labour Minister Monte McNaughton announced on Friday he is stepping away from politics after accepting a job in the private sector. McNaughton is the third minister to resign from Premier Doug Ford's cabinet this month, though he said his departure is not connected to the unfolding Greenbelt development scandal.

Stay Connected