Winnipeg News | Local Breaking | CTV News Winnipeg
Rural Manitobans cast their votes for new leaders, re-elect others
Residents in rural Manitoba headed to the polls Wednesday, casting votes for their leaders.
In East St. Paul, Shelley Hart has been chosen as the new mayor, beating out Barry Schreyer, and incumbent Larry Johannson.
In West St. Paul, Bruce Henley has been reelected, winning 56 votes ahead of Dan Garcea.
Selkirk residents re-elected Larry Johannason by a large margin.
The Pas chose Jim Scott as their new mayor over incumbent Alan McLauchlan and Terry Hendrickson.
Stan Toews was reelected Reeve in the RM of Hanover.
The RM of Gimli chose Randy Woroniuk as their new mayor over incumbent Lynn Greenberg and three other candidates.
Neepawa picked Adrian De Groot for mayor. While there was no incumbent in the race De Groot’s competition, Bob Durston, served as mayor from 2002-2010.
Irvine A. Ferris won in Portage La Prairie over Earl J. Porter, who won the leadership in 2010, and candidate John Boehm.
The RM of St. Andrews voted George Pike as their mayor, in a race with no incumbent.
Winkler reelected mayoral incumbent Martin Harder, who won over Wolfgang Schaefer.
Election results for other Manitoba municipalities:
- Churchill: Michael Spence (Mayor, acclaimed)
- Dauphin: Eric Irwin (Mayor, acclaimed)
- East St. Paul: Shelly Hart (Mayor)
- Flin Flon: Cal Huntley (Mayor)
- Headingley: Wilfred Taillieu (Mayor)
- Morris: Gavin van der Linde (Mayor, acclaimed)
- Steinbach: Chris Goertzen (Mayor, acclaimed)
- Thompson: Brian Callum (Mayor)
- Winkler: Martin Harder (Mayor)
For more rural Manitoba election results, visit http://www.manitobavotes.ca/