Sewing needle, razor blade found in Halloween candy in two separate incidents
Published Monday, November 3, 2014 4:50PM CST Last Updated Monday, November 3, 2014 6:52PM CST
Annamarie Born is in shock after finding a sewing needle inserted inside one of her daughter’s chocolate bars she got while trick-or-treating on Halloween in Winnipeg in North Kildonan.
“My other daughter bit into it and said something poked here and she spit in on the floor,” said Born.
Born said the packaging looked normal but on closer look, you can see a small hole where the needle could have been inserted. Luckily, Borns’ daughter was not hurt.
A similar incident occurred in Selkirk where a young girl found an unwrapped Starburst candy and on the inside was a small razor blade. The girl saw the blade before taking a bite and wasn’t hurt.
Police are urging anyone who is suspicious of any candy they received to come and file a report.