85 new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba, Winnipeg continues to spike
WINNIPEG -- COVID-19 cases continue to spike in the province as public health officials announce 85 new cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba on Saturday.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Manitoba since early March now sits at 3,258.
The new cases announced Saturday are in the following regions:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- four cases in the Northern health region
- four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- five cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
- 68 cases in the Winnipeg health region
As the majority of new cases remain in the Winnipeg region the province is implementing further restrictions that start Monday.
READ MORE: Casino closures and group size limits among new restrictions coming to Winnipeg next week
There are now 1,648 active cases in the province and 1,572 people have recovered.
The five-day test positivity rate remains at 4.9 per cent.
Twenty-eight people are currently in hospital due to the virus, five of which are in intensive care.
The death toll remains at 38.
On Friday, 2,683 COVID-19 tests were performed, bringing the total to 222,371 since early February.