Faulty wiring blamed for blaze at Wolseley home: police
Published Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:09AM CST
Last Updated Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:37PM CST
An overnight fire caused significant damage to a Wolseley area home early Thursday morning.
Late Thursday morning, police said damage is pegged at $70,000.
Early reports estimated it at $130,000.
According to police, the blaze broke out around 1:30 a.m. at a home in the 200 block of Aubrey Street.
Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, but not before it caused significant damage to the home.
No one was home when the blaze broke out, and fire officials believe it started on the second floor of the three-storey home.
Police said faulty wiring is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Emergency crews worked to extinguish a blaze in the 200 block of Aubrey Street Thursday morning.