Skip to main content

Scare at Winnipeg personal care home prompts carbon monoxide warning

Carbon Monoxide

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service is reminding people about the dangers of carbon monoxide after a scare at a personal care home on Tuesday.

Officials say building tenants were assessed as a precaution, but nobody exhibited symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure.

They say a malfunction with the boiler system caused a buildup of the colourless, tasteless, and odourless gas.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal, and symptoms include nausea, dizziness, confusion, vision and hearing loss Top Stories

Stay Connected