Two people sent to hospital after apartment fire
Two people were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation. (file image)
Emergency crews responded to an apartment fire in the 100 block of Clark Street of Winnipeg just after 11:00 p.m. Thursday night.
The fire occurred in a kitchen on the fifth floor. It remained contained to the suite.
Two people were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation. Police said one person may be in serious condition.
Fire crews also rescued a cat from the premises.
Police said the cause of the fire was careless cooking. Damages are estimated at $110,000.